- This event has passed.
Sip & Pick
July 2 @ 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM$12
Looking for a unique idea for date night or girls’ night out? Head out to the Colonial Gardens U-Pick patches for a leisurely picking experience.
Colonial Gardens’ Sip & Pick is an adults only U-Pick event. Grab a craft beer or hard seltzer and your berry containers and head to the patch! Your ride to our U-Pick area is the Colonial Gardens Jeep-pulled wagon. Be ready for a bumpy ride down our gravel road to the berries! We encourage you to stay after you return from the U-Pick for live music in our courtyard while you snack on fresh-picked berries and more drinks available for purchase in the Market.
**THIS EVENT IS RESTRICTED TO THOSE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE. YOUR ID WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE ACCESS TO EVENT**
What Your Ticket Includes
- Field entry
- 1 pint containers
- Wagon ride to and from the U-Pick
- Your choice of in-stock $4 canned craft beers or hard seltzer
- Pick & Sip parking is in the main Colonial Gardens parking lot.
- Check in at Customer Service inside the store. Here you will check-in for your time slot, pick up your pint containers, and select your drink. **ID’s will be checked at this time
- Your group will be picked up by our Jeep-pulled wagon, and head to the U-Pick area.
- Each group will be allowed 30 minutes for picking.
Rules and Other Information
- Do not bring your own containers, Colonial Gardens will provide you with containers for collecting your berries.
- No pets for health and safety reasons.
- Do not pick from restricted rows. Do not pick the flowers or unripe berries, this hurts the plants and reduces future berry crops.
- While it’s very tempting to eat as you pick, please be courteous and refrain from snacking while in the fields.
- Refrigerate berries as soon as possible, wash before eating.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the wagon.
- Check the weather forecast and dress appropriately. Wear comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, and hats.
- Please respect physical distance from other groups.
Response to COVID-19 Guidelines
As we welcome the reopening of events and activities, and progression into Phase 2 as of June 1, we want to reassure you that Colonial Gardens is abiding by all guidelines from the CDC, State of Missouri, Jackson County, and the City of Blue Springs. Some of the items to note:
- Hand Sanitizer – Available for you and other guests upon arrival or at any point during the event.
- Limited Tickets – We are issuing a limited number of tickets to the event so that we may remain in compliance and enable an accurate count of guests.
- Social Distancing – All time slots are limited to 8 people total. Each group will be assigned their own rows within the U-Pick area to ensure social distancing can be followed.
The staff is eager to share our unique event experience with you. We look forward to seeing you soon.