Theatre in the Garden: Blue Springs City Theatre presents Crab Cakes and Murder
All tickets must be purchased through Miller Theater.
About the EventJoin us for a night of Theatre in the Garden at Colonial Gardens. BSCT is an active Community Theatre Production Company located in Blue Springs, MO. Founded in 1986, BSCT was awarded Best Community Theater by the 2018 and 2019 Examiner Best of Eastern Jackson County Awards. The mission of Blue Springs City Theatre is to present live theatre productions for the cultural education, entertainment and inspiration of the community; foster and develop through theatrical workshops and other appropriate means, the artistic talents and skills of company members and other interested persons; and subsidize social activities designed to foster the foregoing purposes of the organization. “During a surprise storm, Captain Savage Raines goes missing at sea. The wreckage of the Half Shell is found, but with no sign of the commercial fisherman, Sheriff Sandy Shoals assumes Captain Raines is dead. That wouldn’t be a surprise considering what a hateful codger he was. After all, who else would name his twin daughters Misery and Calamity?! The sheriff finds the incident especially curious since the shipwreck was just a day after Savage announced his retirement and revealed plans to divvy up Peg Legg Seafoods. And since those business plans minimized his wife Peggy’s role in the company and largely cut out the rest of the family with the exception of his bootlicking twin daughters, everyone had a motive for sabotage. Reeling in audience members to help sift through the evidence, Sheriff Shoals casts a wide net to try to catch the guilty party.”
Response to COVID-19 GuidelinesAs we welcome the reopening of events and activities, we want to reassure you that Colonial Gardens is abiding by all guidelines from the CDC, State of Missouri, Jackson County, and the City of Blue Springs. Some of the items to note:
- All tables and chairs are wiped and sanitized before the event.
- Hand Sanitizer – Available for you and other guests upon arrival or at any point during the event.
- Limited Tickets – We are issuing a limited number of tickets to the event so that we may remain in compliance and enable an accurate count of guests.
- Social Distancing – We encourage guests to stay 6 feet apart and practice social distancing.
- Masks – Per Jackson County mandates, guests are encouraged to wear a mask or face covering while visiting Colonial.