Colonial Gardens offers full landscape consultation, design and installation services. Ranging from a simple tree installation to a full landscape transformation, we can bring your landscape to life!
Our design team has over 100 years of combined landscaping experience, along with an extensive background in horticulture and a passion for environmental stewardship. We are honored to have renowned landscape designer, horticulturist, and turf expert Don Archer as a key member of our team.
Colonial Gardens Landscape Design Team: Peter Moynihan, Travis Morcha, Don Archer, Brian Pirtle, and Chris Oursler
SERVICES & CAPABILITIES
- Foundation planting
- Tree & shrub installation
- Bulk soil, rock, mulch application
- Berm installation
- And more!
CONCEPTS & SPECIALTIES
- Sight and sound screens
- Fruit and berry orchards
- Vegetable, herb and cottage gardens
- Color themed landscapes
- Mediterranean style landscape
- Southwest style landscape
- Dry creek beds
- Zen gardens
- And more!
Our broad, unique network of growers provides an incredible selection and the best quality available.
DESIGN CONSULTATION OPTIONS
We offer three levels of consultation:
- Bring in pictures and measurements of your space, along with ideas or preferences you might have, and one of our landscape designers will walk through the nursery and greenhouse with you, suggesting solutions and offering ideas. This service is free of charge.
- For a $150 fee, we will develop a professional, detailed plan based on the photos, measurements, ideas and preferences you provide.
- Finally, for $250 we will come to your site, do a complete overview of your entire landscape, including taking photos and measurements. This service is recommended if you are planning to have the landscape installation services completed by Colonial Gardens. We’ll assess the strengths and weaknesses of your current space and develop a full, comprehensive plan based on our meeting. During this on-site visit, you may ask questions, point out problem spaces, inquire about plant health and varietal information, etc. If a more complex master plan is needed, our designers will let you know if additional design fees may apply.
Ready to get started? Fill out the form below to contact our landscaping team for a consultation or more information.
DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT: DON ARCHER
Don Archer is one of Kansas City’s finest landscape designers and horticulturists with over 45 years of experience. He grew up in his family’s lawn and landscape business and has worked in all aspects of the local green industry. Early in his career, Don followed in his dad’s footsteps, focusing on renovation and management of Kansas City’s finest lawns, later gravitating towards residential landscape design. He has spent the last 25 years working closely with clients to create beautiful, functional gardens and outdoor spaces. Don is a true plant geek and loves growing trees, shrubs, and perennials of all types in our region’s challenging climate.